Goal: development of technology for large composite parts manufacturing for short-run production.
- Rationale and selection of manufacturing process and materials used.
- Development and manufacturing of experimental tooling.
- Simulation of process parameters in PAM-RTM ESI Group;
- Adjustment of molding regimes and part prototype manufacturing.
- Optimization of the process for short-run production and development of process documentation.
Manufacturing process: Light-RTM.
Reinforcement materials: biaxial glass-fiber mats and middle layer with partial permeability – Soric.
Matrix: polyether resin with 95°C heat stability.
Advantages of the process:
- Manufacturing full-scale part in one shot.
- High productivity.
- Obtaining finished high-quality surface ready for painting.
- Decrease of net cost of part manufacturing for short-run production.
- The process of part manufacturing using Light-RTM method is developed.
- Experimental process tooling and part prototype are manufactured.
- Drawings of process tooling for cabin part production were developed.
- Physical and chemical properties analysis is performed for reinforcement material and resin being used.